1. Sizing Sizing a softener requires that your specific water hardness and water use is matched to the softener capacity while minimizing the amount of salt and water it uses to regenerate. To size a softener you need to know how hard your water is, your average water consumption and the rated capacity of the softener. Because this information isn’t always easily or readily available, a 30,000 grain capacity softener is often recommended for a household of 4 people. The downside of guessing at the size of softener needed is that it may not run at peak efficiency. We recommend getting a Quick Quote and we’ll help you get a price on the right size and model.
2. Efficiencies Salt and water efficiencies can differ considerably. A high efficiency softener can use up to 70% less salt and water during regeneration than a standard unit. That’s a savings of about $250 per year – 840lbs (19 bags) of salt and 8,400 gals. of water for a household of 4 people! Over its lifetime, a high efficiency softener will more than pay for itself.
3. Installation You don’t want surprises. Attention to detail is essential. Consider all the factors that influence installation and performance; Do you want softwater everywhere or do you want hard water outside and at the kitchen sink? Will the softener fit the space? Is there an electrical outlet within 4 feet? Is there proper drainage available?
4. Warranties Consider carefully between a manufacturer warranty and dealer warranty. A warranty is only as good as the company backing it. Warranties often differ for tanks, resin, electronics and labour. Do you have confidence in the company’s after-sale care? Do they offer a performance guarantee should a unit not perform to your satisfaction?
5. Price Water touches most everything in the home. Having better water is a good investment. It pays to have the best softener you can afford.
Our old house had a Kinetico water system in it and we used Crystal Clear to service it. So it was an easy decision to use them to install a Kinetico softener and RO system when we moved to a new house. From start to finish they were professional and efficient, and their Customer Service has been exemplary!
I recently had Crystal Clear install a RO water filtration system in my home so that we could have a filtered water option at our kitchen sink. The customer service was exceptional, the install was smooth, and they followed up a few weeks later to ensure that we were happy with the product and that all was working smoothly. All-in-all, it was a wonderful experience and I'd highly recommend them!
I can't believe I hadn't written a review for these guys a long time ago. We've purchased many different water filtering products from them, over the last 15 - 20 years. They have been excellent. We live in the country with our own well so we have everything from Iron Filters and UV, to Softner and R.O. for drinking. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
It is so convenient to fill your own water jugs in the vestibule. They have convenient hours from 6am to 10pm. It is always clean especially with the sterilization that they continue to do through out the day.
We go to get bottled water there like the service and they help carry bottles out with a smile 😊 all though as child we had a nice spring water never thought we'd be buying water now from anyone. Thank you for your service.
Only good surprises - While the Softener and R/O system and installation are not low priced they are very good quality and the stated performance is very high. The delivery and installation were completed within three days.
The experience was excellent from my first call to inquire about my options to the final installation. Lisa answered all my questions and was very professional. I would definitely recommend them to my friends!
Way back in 2016 I had a 'Table Top' style water distiller repaired. It had been in continual use for almost 20 years! I was very pleased with the service technician, Murray R. He took the time to explain all his work and gave me a plastic bag with ALL the old worn out parts he replaced. He even said to call him if I noticed any issues. Well, that was 2 years ago and this machine (still in use every day) doesn't show a week of wear. (BTW, we bought this machine from 'Crystal Clear' over 20 years ago.) Outstanding build quality.
When my water softener brine tank filled up with water, the manufacture recommended me to Clear Water. Great service. Wayne was very helpful diagnosing my softener problem and quickly set me up with a appointment. When the tech Kevin showed up he was friendly, professional, and proficient. He quickly repaired my softener back to working state. Overall I am very impressed and if I need service or a new softener in the future I will definitely be going back! Thanks for the help!